Programmable thermostats are quickly replacing the traditional manual thermostats that many people are used to seeing. We provide a full range of thermostat installation and repair services. Although a thermostat might seem like a small part of the home, it can have a huge impact on things like how much you pay and how comfortable you are in your home. Want to see what other homeowners are saying about us? Click here to view our reviews and testimonials page.
What are programmable thermostats?
Programmable thermostats allow you to set different temperatures for different periods during the day. Some thermostats can hold only 24 hours of programming. Other thermostats allow for a different program every day of the week. The actual way the thermostat is programmed is different for each model.
A programmable thermostat will automatically adjust the temperature based on the settings for the time of day. Most modern programmable thermostats we install are digital. A few even have wireless capabilities so that it is possible to program or adjust the thermostat through an app, computer or other device.
What benefits can you expect to see from these units?
- Convenience: You only need to program the thermostat once. The thermostat will then faithfully execute that same program until it is changed later or during another season. This makes it unnecessary to constantly walk over to the thermostat during the day and night.
- Energy efficiency: You can program the thermostat to turn the heating or cooling system off during the day when everyone is at work or at night when everyone is sleeping. This saves a significant amount of power.
- Comfort: The thermostats we install can be programmed to turn on just before everyone gets home in the afternoon or just before everyone wakes up in the morning so that the house is always comfortable.
What are some signs that it’s time to repair or replace your thermostat?
Programmable thermostats do wear down and break over time. Keep an eye out for the signs below so you can be aware of when it might be time to start thinking about repairing or replacing your units.
- One sign a programmable thermostat needs to be replaced is if the interface stops working correctly. This means the keys might stop responding, the temperature cannot be changed or programs are no longer saved from day-to-day.
- A second sign you should call us for repairs is if the heating or air conditioning is constantly cycling on and off for no reason. This can indicate a serious problem.
- A third sign is if the home no longer stays comfortable despite adjustments to the thermostat.
- A fourth sign is if the heating or cooling system will no longer activate at all in response to the thermostat settings.
What can result from neglecting to repair or replace your unit?
Neglecting problems with your thermostat can cause several problems. Constant cycling of the heating or cooling system can start to wear down and damage parts. This increases the need for repairs and shortens the life of the unit.
A malfunctioning thermostat might cause the system to run continuously for an excessive amount of time. This can cause damage as well, which can result in burst pipes. A final potential problem is an increased risk of fire if the electrical connections are frayed or damaged. It is important to call us for service when a thermostat starts to behave abnormally.
Give us a call if you want a better way to control how much you’re spending on your energy bills. Dial (617) 415-1522 to speak to one of our representatives today. Click to view our so you can save money on this service.