Mitsubishi Ductless Mini Split Systems in Framingham
The Quietest, Most Energy Efficient Heating & Air Conditioning System
If you are looking for an energy-efficient way to lower costs to bring air conditioning to your whole house, sunroom, garage, expansion, remodel or just a stubborn room in your home that never gets cold enough in the summer or warm enough in the winter, we have the solution: a Mitsubishi mini-split system installed by Obie Comfort Solutions is what you need.
Contact us at (508) 252-8515 to schedule your appointment.
What Is a Ductless Mini-Split System?
Ductless mini splits aren't a new thing and Mitsubishi Electric has manufactured them since the late 1950s. For most parts of the world, mini splits are the most common way to heat and cool a house. Whether in Europe, Asia, Africa, South or Central America, a mini-split is the standard system for heating and cooling. Houses heated by ducted systems are only common here in the US and Canada. Systems with forced hot water are also only common in parts of New England and some other very cold states like Nebraska and Montana plus a few countries in Europe and Canada.
Mitsubishi Ductless Air Conditioner - Mini Splits consist of three main components:
- An indoor unit
- An outdoor unit
- A remote control
The biggest differentiation between a regular ducted system and a mini split is that there are no air ducts, which means no loss of energy through the delivery process - no need for the cool or warm air to travel through a non-temperature-controlled attic where the energy will be lost to heating or cooling the unconditioned space. The cold and hot air is created right at the place where it is needed, making the system a lot more efficient. Another benefit is zoning. Each room or area that you want to control separately can have its own unit, increasing efficiency because you can adjust or turn off the rooms or areas as you prefer. Plus, the system can cater to different individuals as some like it warmer and some like it cooler, increasing comfort for everyone.
The Benefits of Mitsubishi Ductless Air Conditioning
Indoor and outdoor units are connected to each other with small, copper refrigeration lines. And the small size of the lines allows the mini split indoor unit to be placed just about anywhere.
The advantages of the Mitsubishi mini splits are:
- Size: Ductless mini-split systems are a lot smaller than traditional air conditioners, which means they can be installed just about anywhere.
- Noise: Mitsubishi ductless split systems are so quiet that you may not even notice they’re running.
- Fast Installation: Because there is no ductwork to be installed, a ductless system can be easily installed to bring heating and air conditioning to any room in your home.
- Efficiency: Because there are no ducts, there is a lot less energy wasted than the traditional ducted heating and air conditioning systems.
These great benefits make mini-split systems perfect for:
- Additions & remodels
- Third floor or attic bedrooms
- Offices & small spaces that are hard to heat and cool