Framingham Air Handler Services
Air handlers are likely one of the most unknown parts of an overall AC unit, but they are nonetheless a highly important part that is needed to keep the unit functioning. When these systems fail, your unit will immediately suffer, and you’ll notice right away. Don’t feel like you have to bare through a broken AC by yourself, Obie Comfort Solutions is here to help you solve your air handler problems.
What Is the Importance of the Air Handler?
Air handlers are critical for an air conditioning system to be truly effective. They are necessary because of several functions that they perform for the home:
- The first is that they are a huge part of the circulation of the air. The air handler contains the fan that pushes the air throughout the house in a series of ducts that are connected to it.
- It has sound attenuators, which are designed to make the air conditioning system quieter so that it does not disturb the rest of the household. Air handlers humidify the air, causing it to feel warmer when the air would otherwise be uncomfortably cold.
- Finally, air handlers have mixing chambers with filters that will purify the air before it reaches the rest of the house and keep everyone who breathes it as healthy as possible.
Common Causes of Air Handler Breakdowns
- Clogged filters: One common problem that an air handler might experience is if the air filters have become totally clogged or prohibitively dirty. This will reduce the amount of air that is able to flow through them and result in the cooled air not being able to reach the rest of the building.
- Dirty evaporator coils: A dirty evaporator coil, caused when the filter has become extremely clogged, will cause the entire air conditioning system to freeze up because it will not be able to take care of the condensation and make sure that excess water is removed. This excess water will freeze, and the air conditioner will cease to function when this occurs.
- Malfunctioning thermostat: Another problem is if the thermostat begins to have problems or outright ceases to function, and a last problem is if the air handler degrades over time and the motor of the fan ceases to function.
The Benefits of Timely Air Handler Replacement
A timely replacement of the air filters should be a priority for every homeowner because it will ensure that the air conditioning system is as effective as possible and that the air that it cools is able to reach the rest of the building and keep it comfortable. This will also reduce overall energy costs for the building.
Another reason why timely replacement is necessary is because without it, the air that is reaching the rest of the house will not be as safe as possible, usually being filled with contaminants and pollutants that can damage the health of those who breathe it in.
Air handlers that are not working will also need to be replaced quickly to keep the air from getting too dry, which can irritate people's skin and make them very uncomfortable. The last benefit that is associated with replacing an air handler quickly is that it saves expensive repairs from having to be made. If a household commits to replacing the air handling system on a regular basis, no repairs will need to be made and the air temperature of the house will constantly remain comfortable.
Want to improve your home's AC efficiency and air quality? Get in touch with us to take advantage of our professional services. Call us today at (508) 252-8515 to speak to one of our friendly representatives.